I just got off the phone with the advocate. I needed to tell my story in a way that showed Christ in me; there was no other way for it to make sense.
I began the conversation with, "I'm a Christian." I was not expecting the response I got...
... the advocate was also a follower of Christ.
We had such a wonderful conversation. We talked about our belief that Christ is going to use this to pour out blessings upon my family. If she had it to do over again, she wouldn't change anything. Her diagnosis has been such a blessing to her and her life. Her story is so powerful now.
I feel the same way. I know when I look back I will not change anything. When I look back to my life prior to this diagnosis there are things that were really painful to walk through BUT I am so thankful for where I am because of that pain I endured.
I know God is going to pour out blessings upon me and my family. I know it, I feel it.
I know God is going to provide a home for us and sell our home if that is what needs to happen.
So many times, MS talks can be negative and 'well I suffer from this' kind of talk. This was not that at all. I hung up the phone with a smile.. the advocate said, "I know this is going to be a blessing in your life."
Isn't that nice?
Makes me smile.
